One of the most heavily-attended events for Catholic Cemeteries of Long Island is the walking of the Stations of the Cross at Cemetery of the Holy Rood. Annually, hundreds of family members gather to follow a 1.5 mile route throughout Holy Rood to commemorate Our Lord’s redemptive death.
Catholic Cemeteries is pleased to welcome back our in-person Stations of the Cross service on Good Friday this year. In addition, we welcome families to participate in this tradition by offering two additional options to prayerfully experience the Stations of the Cross at a time convenient to them: a Virtual Stations of the Cross and Self-Directed Stations of the Cross. Please see below for details on all three options.
Stations of the Cross Prayer Service – Good Friday
- Date/Time: April 15th, 2022 at 12 Noon
- Location: Cemetery of the Holy Rood, Westbury
- Event Details
- Opening prayers at Holy Rood Chapel
- After opening prayers, we begin our pilgrimage through the cemetery, stopping at each of the 14 Stations to pray and reflect
- Service will conclude with final prayers and Veneration of the Cross in Holy Rood Chapel
- Please note: In the case of inclement weather, the full service will be held in Holy Rood Chapel
Virtual Stations of the Cross
- Virtual Stations of the Cross can be viewed by clicking the video above or on YouTube at the following link:
- Families can pray along with our deacons by downloading our Stations of the Cross Prayer Booklet:
Self-Directed Stations of the Cross
- Offered at Cemetery of the Holy Rood. Open to all visitors!
- Families may pick up a prayer booklet with map from Holy Rood Chapel before following the 1.5 mile route throughout the cemetery.
- Available throughout Lent!