In years past, one of the most heavily-attended events for Catholic Cemeteries of Long Island is the walking of the Stations of the Cross at Cemetery of the Holy Rood. Annually, hundreds of family members gather to follow a 1.5 mile route throughout Holy Rood to commemorate Our Lord’s redemptive death.
While we are unable to hold such a large gathering this year, Catholic Cemeteries of Long Island welcomes families to participate in this tradition by offering two options to prayerfully experience the Stations of the Cross at a time convenient to them: Self-Directed Stations of the Cross and a Virtual Stations of the Cross.
Self-Directed Stations of the Cross
- Offered at Cemetery of the Holy Rood. Open to all visitors!
- Families may pick up a prayer booklet with map from Holy Rood Chapel before following the 1.5 route throughout the cemetery.
- Available throughout Lent!
Virtual Stations of the Cross
- Video version of the prayer service will be posted on our website so families may participate in the Stations of the Cross remotely.
- Video will be posted by Palm Sunday for access throughout Holy Week.