In years past, one of the most heavily-attended events for Catholic Cemeteries of Long Island is the walking of the Stations of the Cross at Cemetery of the Holy Rood. Annually, hundreds of family members gather to follow a 1.5 mile route throughout Holy Rood to commemorate Our Lord’s redemptive death.
While we are unable to hold such a large gathering this year, Catholic Cemeteries of Long Island welcomes families to participate in this tradition by offering two options to prayerfully experience the Stations of the Cross at a time convenient to them: a Virtual Stations of the Cross and Self-Directed Stations of the Cross.
Virtual Stations of the Cross
- Virtual Stations of the Cross can be viewed by clicking the video above or on YouTube at the following link:
- Families can pray along with our deacons by downloading our Stations of the Cross Prayer Booklet:
Self-Directed Stations of the Cross
- Offered at Cemetery of the Holy Rood. Open to all visitors!
- Families may pick up a prayer booklet with map from Holy Rood Chapel before following the 1.5 mile route throughout the cemetery.
- Available throughout Lent!