111 Old Country Road, Westbury NY 11590 | (516) 334-7990
Cemetery is open for visitation every day of the year, including holidays, during the following hours:
Cemetery Gates: Open from 8:00AM to 5:00PM
Mausoleum Buildings: Open from 8:00AM to 4:30PM
*Note: Cemetery gates may remain closed during unsafe weather conditions
Monday to Friday: 9:00AM to 4:30PM
Saturday: 9:00AM to 12:00 PM
- Holy Rood Mass & Event Schedule – Nov/Dec 2020
- Offices are closed (or close early) on major holidays throughout the year: Cemetery Office Holiday Schedule
- During the above office hours, our staff is available to assist you by phone and email.
- There will be limited access to our office as we work to ensure the continued safety of visitors and our staff. We ask visitors to kindly follow all posted notices and guidelines, including the wearing of a face covering at all times.
- Appointments in advance are recommended for all sales of plots, crypts, or niches.
Cemetery Map – Cemetery Section Map Saint Brigid Section – Cemetery Stations of the Cross Map – Assumption Chapel Mausoleum (ACM) Map – Holy Rood Chapel (HRC) Mausoleum Map – Cemetery Map (with Ranges)
Cemetery of the Holy Rood is the oldest of Catholic Cemeteries of Long Island’s four locations. Sitting at 67 acres in Westbury NY. Holy Rood serves the Catholic faithful in Nassau County. Initially established by the Diocese of Brooklyn in 1930, Holy Rood was transferred to the Diocese of Rockville Centre when the Diocese was established in 1956.
Cemetery of the Holy Rood offers a variety of burial options in indoor and outdoor settings. Holy Rood has an ample inventory of entombment crypts and cremation niches in Holy Rood Chapel Mausoleum for families to consider. In addition, Holy Rood has a limited number of gravesites available for those interested in traditional in-ground burials.
Along with St. Vincent De Paul charitable burials that Catholic Cemeteries of Long Island performs at all locations, Holy Rood is home to the Island of Hope. Tim Jaccard and his Children of Hope Foundation provide a hero’s funeral to babies that have been abandoned, with burials taking place in this Island of Hope. These examples differentiate Catholic Cemeteries of Long Island and exemplify the Catholic Mission by celebrating our Catholic Identity.
We invite you to join us for regularly scheduled monthly Masses and events at Holy Rood. Special events held annually include Stations of the Cross on Good Friday and Sunday Vespers each November. For a complete list of cemetery events, click here.